Dr Randy Paterson – How to Be Miserable
Dr Randy Paterson knows all about how to be miserable.
In this interview, Roger and Dr Paterson outline some of the 40 specific behaviours and habits, which-if followed-are sure to lead to a lifetime of unhappiness. On the other hand, if you do the opposite, you can join the ranks of happy people everywhere.
Some questions Roger asks:
- What is Dr. Randy Paterson’s defining moment as a man? (2:13)
- Where did your insight for the book come from? (7:30)
- What are some of the lessons in your book, and who is the book for? (10:23)
- What would your advice be for somebody suffering from depression? (13:20)
- Can you explain your clinic? (18:25)
- What are some bits of advice you’d give? (21:40)
- What advice you give to young men to leave home and get work? (25:20)
- Has anything shifted in the tools you’ve outlined in the book? (28:40)
- How can you put these technics into practice? (31:50)
- Are you seeing improvement in society’s depression? (33:14)
- How does mindfulness fit in with helping depression? (37:33)
- What’s the legacy you want to leave? (43:44)
Follow Dr Randy Paterson:
You may also like these episodes:
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Thank You to the Team:
Editing & Mixing by: Aaron Johnson
Theme music by: Parlange & Latenite Automatic